Everyone knows those beautiful pictures bloggers take of food right?! And you’re like wow!….well this is not that, but I tried. Here’s a simple cheat.
When you are feeling bummed out take one relaxing day, I repeat relaxing, where you might have some time alone. Pick a simple thing that you always wanted to make. Then you’re going to go all Martha Stewart on it. You will feel empowered, relaxed, creative, inspired.
I made a smoothie bowl
- 6 Dates, 1/2 a banana, mixed frozen fruit, flaxseeds, a touch of water ( I don’t do measurements here ppl, add ingredients to your preferred taste.)
- Blend into a thick ice cream like consistency. I used a Vitamix, but any high speed blender will do.
- Pour in decorative bowl. Add granola. Arrange fresh fruits in bowl. I liked cutting the passion fruit in half.
- Find random table, flowers, and ribbons. Arrange around bowl
- Take pictures. Eat.
Added things to increase awesomeness!
- Sit in the sun- Sunshine boosts mood.
- Listen to classical music- Also improves mood and frontal lobe activity.
- Light candle/ aroma therapy- Will also improved mood.
- Turn phone and all distractions off while you are eating- Helps you to be in the moment
- Journal- Give God praise, write a gratitude list.